GOING NATURE’S WAY By Kate Crowley I am intrigued by the idea of Sense of Place; to feel completely ‘at home’ in one particular place. I have read that people who grow up on the Great Plains feel claustrophobic when they are in forested environments and in reverse, people who have grown up surrounded by forest find the openness of the plains unnerving, with nothing to break the view to the horizon. I grew up in the city, but the Minnehaha Creek and Parkway were just two blocks away and I spent countless hours playing and exploring there. The city lakes were within biking distance. The Mississippi River was just blocks away from the apartment where I lived the first four years of my life. When I was 36 I married Mike and moved to our current home and it was perfect. When my dad first visited us in our new home, he said, “Kate must think she’s died and gone to heaven”. This is where I am supposed to be. Scientists who have studied the e...
Comments
Post a Comment